The popular Pre-Professional Company for Middle and High School Students returns to City Springs Theatre Conservatory! Starting this Fall, Pre-Pro Company will provide students with rigorous, weekly training to prepare them for a career in the arts and beyond. Students will be led by highly qualified and top industry professionals, with extensive years of teaching and performing. We invite dedicated students to join us as we focus on a well-rounded training program for students in musical theatre. Each semester will culminate with a performance opportunity. This is an audition-based year-round program taking place September-May of the school year. Students will be placed in a company level based on experience and age. Space is limited.
AUDITIONS FOR THE 2022-23 COMPANIES ARE CLOSED.
Please select one (1) of the following audition dates to attend. All auditionees must complete the registration form above!
Middle School Students
Saturday May 28, 2022 10:00am-1:00pm
Sunday June 5, 2022 1:00pm-4:00pm
High School Students
Saturday June 4, 2022 1:00pm-4:00pm
Tuesday June 7, 2022 6:00pm-9:00pm
Location: Auditions take place at City Springs Theatre Studios and Admin Offices, 8601 Dunwoody Place, Suite 136, Sandy Springs, GA 30350
*Enter City Springs Theatre Studios and Admin Offices into Waze or Google Maps and it will take you right to us! Auditions do NOT take place at the Performing Arts Center.
What to Prepare:
- Vocal Audition:
- Please prepare two (2) contrasting songs of 32 bars from any musical. ONE SONG MUST BE A PRE-1965 GOLDEN AGE SONG AND IF YOU HAVE AUDITIONED FOR US IN THE PAST, PLEASE SELECT A NEW SONG.
- Students must provide sheet music. An accompanist will be provided.
- There is no dress code for the vocal audition.
- Dance Audition:
- Students will learn a short ballet combination across the floor as well as a short jazz dance combination. All students are required to participate in the dance audition. Please bring ballet and jazz shoes. No tennis shoes allowed.
- Students will be asked to show us a very short tap step which we will teach as well as demonstrate time steps. Students are not required to have tap shoes until they are accepted into the Pre-Pro Company.
- Dress code for the dance audition is all black.
- Please bring the following:
- Appropriate dress code, sheet music, ballet shoes, jazz shoes, tap shoes (if you own them) water, headshot, and resume.
JUNIOR COMPANY | SATURDAYS | 9:00AM-12:00PM
TEEN COMPANY | SUNDAYS | 12:00PM-6:00PM
SENIOR COMPANY | SUNDAYS | 10:30AM-4:30PM
ELITE COMPANY | SUNDAYS | 1:30PM-7:30PM
MUSICAL THEATRE TAP SESSIONS
As a bonus to the Pre-Pro Company this year, City Springs will now offer a 9-week Musical Theatre Tap Class for our students per semester. At Auditions, students will demonstrate their level of tap skills and will be placed in a weekly tap class based on experience. Class will range from very beginner to advanced placement.
MIDDLE SCHOOL BEGINNER TAP | TUESDAYS | 6:00PM-7:30PM
HIGH SCHOOL BEGINNER TAP | TUESDAYS | 7:30PM-9:00PM
INTERMEDIATE TAP | WEDNESDAYS | 6:00PM-7:30PM
ADVANCED TAP | WEDNESDAYS | 7:30PM-9:00PM
To view the full year-long company calendar, please click the link below.
TEEN, SENIOR, ELITE COMPANIES: $300/MONTH (SEPTEMBER-MAY)
JUNIOR COMPANY: $150/MONTH (SEPTEMBER-MAY)
QUESTIONS? Contact Director of Education Jenna Gamerl at email@example.com or 404-477-4365
The popular Pre-Professional Company for Middle and High School Students returns to City Springs Theatre Conservatory! Starting this Fall, Pre-Pro Company will provide students with rigorous, weekly training to prepare them for a career in the arts and beyond. Students will be led by highly qualified and top industry professionals, with extensive years of teaching and performing. We invite dedicated students to join us as we focus on a well-rounded training program for students in musical theatre. Each semester will culminate with a performance opportunity. This is an audition-based year-round program taking place September-May of the 2021-22 school year. Students will be placed in a company level based on experience and age. Space is limited. Specific program details below.
- Students will be required to take 3+ hours of dance class per week. Classes will include ballet, jazz, tap, and musical theatre dance.
- Students will be required to take 3+ hours of training courses with each Company’s Director and/or guest instructors. These courses may include voice, acting, MT scene study, MT history, finding your character, audition prep, college audition prep, conditioning, and rehearsals for their end of semester performance.
- Students will be required to participate in a select number of master classes throughout the school year. Master Classes will take place on Saturday mornings from 10am-12pm. Dates of those master classes will be provided before the school year begins.
- Students are required to audition for acceptance into the company. Pre-Pro Company Directors will evaluate each student based on their current level and potential in voice, dance, and acting. Acceptance is at the sole discretion of the CST Conservatory Pre-Pro Company faculty and staff.
- Students are required to work privately with a voice lesson teacher in addition to their company training. Private lessons do not need to be held at CST Conservatory Studios, but are a pivotal part of the training.
Dates: Students will select a 3-hour time slot in the audition form.
- Friday July 16, 2021
- Saturday July 24, 2021
- Sunday July 25, 2021
- 2 contrasting songs of 32 bars in length. One song MUST be pre-1965. Sheet music must be provided.
- 1 Minute monologue from any musical, play, TV show, etc.
- Please bring jazz shoes, tap shoes, and heels if you have them
- Please wear ALL black for the dance call. You may wear whatever you want for the singer/monologue call.
- Please bring your music book with multiple song options in case the Directors ask for you to sing something else.
Fall Semester: September – December 2021
Spring Semester: January-May 2022
- Monday Evenings (Jr. Company only)
- Full company calendar will be provided after placement into the company.
- Students are allowed 2 excused absences per semester.
- Parents must provide a phone call or email within 24 hours prior to the missed class. More than 2 absences may impact final performance opportunities.
- Middle and High
- $1,200 per semester for Companys I & II, $600 per semester for Junior Company
- Semesterly payments can be made in full up front or through a payment plan
- Scholarships ARE available. Click HERE for details.
- A $50 non-refundable registration fee will be due at registration.
- 6 Hours per week
- Mondays: 5:30pm-8:30pm
- Sundays: 12:00pm-3:00pm
- 6 Hours per week
- Sundays: 12:00pm-6:00pm
Per our COVID guidelines, registration will be limited for the Spring Semester. Face masks, temperature checks, and social distancing will be required, along with following ALL safety guidelines required by health officials and the CDC.
Kristine Reese – Company Director
Billy Tighe – Company Director
Regine Metayer – Ballet Mistress
Maya Bowles – Jazz Instructor